The Career Academy JobSeeker Success Training Program contains real-life case study examples, checklists and questions you can answer to improve your self-confidence and narrow down the list of jobs you ideally want and are suited to.
Set a Plan and Work on Achieving It
You’ll receive insight into what employers are looking for and what skills and attributes you can hone that will make you more employable.
Students undertaking our training courses are:
- starting their careers,
- contemplating changing careers, or
- want further career advancement.
The Career Academy Training Program sets out the career options available in Australia, where the work is and what you can do to give yourself the best chance of employment in a new career.
Learn how to create a personalised Career Plan, as brief or detailed as you like, to keep you on track.
Reduce Fear, Increase Confidence and Get a Real Perspective
Looking for a new job is not something any of us do all that often. It is particularly daunting if you have been out of the workforce for several years for whatever reason — including
- raising a family,
- caring for an elderly or sick relative,
- redundancy, or
- recovering from illness or injury.
Many people, even if they’ve been in constant employment, are unfamiliar with how much the job seeking landscape has changed with the internet and advent of LinkedIn and other social media website. These changes have occurred for businesses advertising jobs as well as jobseekers who are trying to “sell” themselves as the best candidate for the job.
Tools and skills to create your career plan
The way people search for jobs is changing and many people use a combination of methods to find work and get in contact with prospective employers.
The Career Academy JobSeeker training program outlines some of these methods and their effectiveness; including gleaning the job websites and newspapers, the power of LinkedIn, using a recruitment agency and attending network events and using referrals.
Our Career Academy gives you clear advice on how to win work and find a job that will suit you and your circumstances and aims at turning a scary task into a task based on awareness and certainty that you can actually achieve.
Understand industry trends and statistics to see if the job you’re interested in is really what you expect
Understanding the JobSeeker Process
Our Career Academy Training Program outlines the process that job seekers go through to find a new job, namely:
- Creating, updating and fleshing out a professional resume — including how to provide relevant and demonstrable examples
- Understanding what YOU are seeking in this job and what other factors are important to you (for example, work-life balance or managing competing priorities in your life with your work, looking at what opportunities there are for career development etc.)
- Realising the future opportunities for growth available in selected industries
- How to write covering letters and emails that will stand out and show off some of your personality while still remaining professional
There is also:
- How to effectively research the business or employer before making phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone job interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face interview for a job
- Tips from employers about what they look for in job candidates
- How to negotiate a salary package
- Tips on how to get off to the best start in your new job.
How to Access the Career Academy JobSeeker Training Program
This program is available as a separate training program or included for FREE with selected online training courses in Office Administration, Accounting & Bookkeeping and Digital Marketing.