What will potential clients see when they click on your Google Ad?
A well crafted Google Ad with an attractive offer will improve your click through rate, but what your bookkeeping prospects see next will decide whether or not they take the next step towards booking your services.
What Is a Landing Page?
The purpose of a Landing Page or a Digital Profile is to capture lead information from potential customers. After clicking the link in your ad, visitors will be taken to a landing page or a digital profile on your website.
If your ad explicitly states that you specialise in payroll services or that you are offering a free training manual, then this is what prospects will be looking for when they arrive at your website. For this reason, your landing page needs to be:
- Reflective of the message and theme of your ad
- Simple and easy to navigate
- Clear about what to do next (Call To Action)
What Should Be Included on a Landing Page?
In our bookkeeper talent pool you will find digital profiles for some of our Xero Certificate Training Course graduates. These bookkeepers include the links to their digital profile in their online ads so that prospective clients can learn more about them and what they have to offer.
A professional bookkeeper would typically include the following information in their Digital Profile:
- Member bio
- Business tasks
- Service area
- Working preferences (e.g. on site or remote)
- Hourly rate
- Bookkeeping software knowledge
- Training and qualifications
- Industry sectors
- Lead capture form
You can even include a video introduction so that potential clients can get to know you better. Having a video bio can also help to boost your confidence, act as an ice-breaker and grow your online presence. This is a great way to highlight your key selling points using a medium that is easy to record, edit and share.
Appearance and Image
When looking for a good local bookkeeper business owners want to know the facts at a glance. This is why your landing page or digital profile needs to have a simple layout that is professionally presented in an easy to read format.
- Use bullet points and bold headings to break up long blocks of text.
- Use professional fonts such as Arial or Calibri rather than casual fonts like Comic Sans.
- Match page, heading and button colours to your brand kit.
- Ensure that your business logo is displayed at the top of the page.
- Make it easy for them to contact you by placing links, forms and buttons at regular intervals.
Lead Capture Form
By clicking on your ad the prospect is expecting to receive something of value. For example:
- More information about your services and how you can solve their problems.
- Entry into a prize draw.
- Free tools or advice.
- A blog subscription.
In return, you are asking them to provide some information about themselves. When visitors enter their details into a lead capture form the information can then be added to your sales pipeline in your CRM software for follow up or to be added to your mailing list.
Mandatory fields (marked with a *) are those fields that the prospect must complete in order to submit the form. These should include name, phone and email address at a minimum.
After a prospect submits their form it’s good practice to send them an email confirmation afterwards so that:
- You can verify their email address.
- It lets them know that you have successfully received and actioned their request.
- If an item is to be shipped you can confirm the delivery details.
- You can include links to other services or resources that may be helpful.
A professional Landing Page or Digital Profile is a must if you are running ads for your Xero bookkeeping business. It would be counterproductive to spend your hard earned money on advertising only for prospective clients to stall at your website.
Our PRO training packages for bookkeepers include local awareness marketing and Industry Connect to help graduates find jobs. Furthermore, a Digital Profile is included in selected packages to help graduates get discovered for bookkeeping work by local small business owners. Learn more about our membership packages for bookkeepers here.
Start a Bookkeeping Business
The key steps to take in order to start a bookkeeping business or work for yourself as a bookkeeper.
Xero Training Courses
Choose from our range of Xero online training courses suited for all skills levels.