This information is taken from the Australian Government Office Training Qualifications Website
|Elements describe the essential outcomes.||Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.|
|1 Make meeting arrangements||1.1 Identify the type of meeting being organised and its purpose|
1.2 Identify and comply with any legal or ethical requirements
1.3 Identify requirements of the meeting and its participants
1.4 Make meeting arrangements in accordance with meeting and participants requirements
1.5 Advise participants of meeting details
|2 Prepare and distribute documentation for meetings||2.1 Prepare notice of meeting, agenda and meeting papers in accordance with meeting requirements|
2.2 Check documentation for accuracy and correct any errors
2.3 Distribute documentation to participants within designated timelines
2.4 Prepare spare sets of documents
|3 Record and produce minutes of meeting||3.1 Take notes with the required speed and accuracy to ensure an accurate record of the meeting|
3.2 Produce minutes that reflect a true and accurate account of the meeting
3.3 Check minutes for accuracy and submit for approval by the nominated person
3.4 Dispatch copies of minutes within designated timelines
Evidence of the ability to:
- organise a meeting and advise participants accordingly
- prepare and distribute all documentation required for the meeting
- take meeting notes which accurately reflect what was discussed during the meeting
- produce minutes based on own notes providing an accurate account of the meeting
- circulate copies of meeting minutes within predetermined timeframes.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- describe culturally appropriate communication techniques
- identify the relevant formats for agendas and minutes
- list the key provisions of relevant legislation
- outline organisational procedures relevant to the task.
More detailed information on this subject is available here.