This information is taken from the Australian Government Office Training Qualifications Website.
|Elements describe the essential outcomes
|Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
|1. Identify customer needs
|1.1 Identify types of customers and their expectations and needs through consultation and negotiation
1.2 Regularly identify and monitor customer needs through formal and informal communication channels to identify required services
1.3 Assess current products and services against customer needs to determine the ability of the enterprise to meet them
|2. Respond to customer needs
|2.1 Respond to customer requests in a timely and efficient manner
2.2 Promote workplace services and products to the customer in a manner that assists the development of a positive and professional relationship
2.3 Address customer dissatisfaction promptly according to workplace procedures
|3. Evaluate service provided
|3.1 Evaluate service provided to the customer and take appropriate action to resolve any issues or complaints
3.2 Seek feedback from customers on the product or service provided
3.3 Document customer feedback according to workplace procedures
Before competency can be determined, individuals must have competently demonstrated that they can provide effective customer service on a minimum of two occasions.
Individuals must demonstrate they can:
- promote products and services in a clear and direct manner
- identify customer needs and expectations
- resolve customer concerns and complaints by taking appropriate action, including:
- handling customer needs in a courteous, discreet and sensitive manner
- addressing customer complaints and escalating where necessary
- apply workplace procedures relating to customer feedback, including:
- customer service and continuous improvement processes
- workplace customer service practices
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge to complete the tasks outlined in the elements and performance criteria of this unit. This includes:
- effective customer services principles, including requirements to meet customer service needs and expectations
- workplace products and services
- customer service reporting procedures
- customer service problem-resolution procedures.
Let us match your income goals with training and courses